Welcome to HWS 5.0!

Ok, so my thoughts:

-Trader and Freelancers should swap spots… makes more sense
-I understand the map is trying to get the “Bow” look… but its a mess really. Some issues are spacing and logic. From each factions Starter to get to HWS we have:

–Freelance 2 jumps
–Guardians 3 jumps
–Trader 3 Jumps
–Pirate 4 jumps
–Hunter 5 Jumps

If they map was reworked to make it fair for all similar to the 4.0 that would be awesome, not just a cool design in a shape. You want HWS to be “where the action” is… put it in the middle as one would be expected.

Why are we limited on straight one jump lines… its space and if im in say HWS… there should be a web of paths i could take to enter/exit… this would make travel less of a predictable pattern if you want to sneak behind enemy lines or something and makes a bit of since, point to the planet…warp (distance within reason) ie: HWS seems close to 6 other systems.

/agree … most days i see 70-90 people playing tops… that’s alot of space to spread out in so will feel empty i fear.

Also… HATE the naming schema… We have Greek and Egyptian Mythos, mixed in with real world planet names? We could probably come up with something a bit more … consistent maybe? something more Sci-Fi perhaps?

those would make it a bit more polished IMHO but who knows…

1 Like

Map has been updated to show the other routes to Homeworld

1 Like

U wonna say months? I count there, take a look: 2 months for 200 rp planet. gg? in 4.0 we got 24/7 farmers in medical bay, now we got bots/trickers/scripts for 23 jumps per day. Another gg?

I had MUCH more space to hide in deep space. I had no understanding in farming starter resources (Iron, copper etc). I had no vision, how this BIG universe give me more PvP? As I mention before - I waste 90% of time for searching PvP, but I need only 5-10 jumps for that. Now I need 20-30 jumps and Im not sure that Im find someone. Resources and prices are under big question.

Even if Im Pirate, I understand, that people need some safe place, where they would craft their stuff, and after went to PvP-zones for rare resources. Ofc u could hold it in deep space, but dat shakes + bugs (re-spawn in someones medical bay and points on radar) - I wouldnt say its good. Even more - I hate dat shakes!

I didnt see any info about donate packages. If its still 10 eu for 5th lvl, or now its be 7th lvl? If we could donate 7th lvl, than we will return to old problems with OCD in PvP-playfields.

70-80% of shooted players - are PvE-players. They collect resources, craft some kind of “battle” ship and go for rare resources. We find them MORE MORE often, than Alliance or Hunters. Bc in 4.0 dat lazy rats didnt had any necessity in coming to HW to fight. They got gold for nothing (as u said). And now, after they farm billions, all they need, just make bot/script for warping every hour. Than whom we gonna fight with? Again: with new players, most of them PvE-players, and they need some PvE-space for preparations to come in HW. We got it? - nope.

btw, we got a lot of massages about overdeviced stuff in PvP-systems, but we didnt find them. Why? - no limits in space. There is no chance to find some one in deep space, while we got no limits in distances from center.

2 Likes

Too many posts so I skipped reading most so sorry if I post something duplicate.

[quote=“Achilles, post:61, topic:2827”]
This is the exact intention. With origins it’s about teamwork, live on pvp together and defend.
[/quote]This is not gonna work when you get offline-raided due to offline protection being ‘broken’ still in 5.0, is suicidal. NA guild will raid us overnight or some other origin that simply sets alarm clock at 3 AM…

Not to mention that I still have to test whether or not they fixed it so that you can’t kill a base anymore with a 700 ingot ship so it can’t shoot back at you. Rules won’t work here if players abuse this during night (no evidence).

you need ridiculous amount of credit to be able to store…
[/quote] Depends on how gold farming is balanced with the new drills and how fast it is now.
Besides I’m not sure yet on the purpose of credits. I’m not gonna warp 15-18x just to get a good deal on some random ore or fuel…
Also I might change my npc tader to sell pentaxit because that is obviously gonna be required even with a lvl10 HWS miner and selling T3 autominers is not allowed (I assume selling the cores is also not allowed).

But better this way than having to do nothing to get RR
[/quote]Sweet spot in 5.0 guys is 200-299RP, do NOT get 300 because of donator taxes. RP doesn’t seem to give any major advantage now anymore anyway. It’s gonna be imbalanced either way no matter what way it will be.

It’s 9 warps from donator → 7 worlds in that orbit thingy. If they cost 25 pentax/warp we must carry at least 450 pentax. Assuming you never derivative from the route because if you get stranded in 5.0 you REALLY ARE stranded.

Why do we have to carry an epic assault rifle… Who ever uses that useless gun… So we must carry both an assault rifle AND a minigun (because assault rifle = poop (unless rebalanced in 5.0)). Why can’t we chose our own epic gun to carry other than pistol?

[quote=“Kogami, post:60, topic:2827”]
Another problem i see is that people, cough(SWP)
[/quote]Wait what we are allowed to warp camp in 5.0? I mean I know they rng-ed the spawn locations a bit but you can still get lucky by building a HUGE spam of BA’s around all the possible warp points depending on how well the devs coded this.

Because bigger = almost always better for space battles. My 20k block ship will almost always beat a 5k block ship unless I very seriously bug out and they not.

As soon as you got 200-500 RP you can enter one of the four lovely Laggon Nebula Planets and Lucifer.

So if I read correctly, Donator planets do not require 200RP to be able to land there, only the PVE origin planets do. So donaters simply get 200-299RP then to be able to land on both and then stop gaining RP on purpose?

Price: 7.000.000.000!

Erm… I rather live off the interest? 7 billion… Also I made 40 million in all of 4.0 combined using Eleon, HWS and everything I knew (started with nothing in 4.0, empty OCD no bank nothing). But that really took everything to make that much. Possibly the biggest (theorycrafted) problem in 5.0:

• Biggest origin will goto best planet (unless there are more). I assume gold and if we can drill gold at 4.0 rate but now with ship drills… Then 7 billion is very doable, everything will inflate massively (just a theory because too much info is still hidden from us).
  • They will spam 2-3 BA’s EACH so prepare to face a base with 200+ BA’s and close to the ‘Armageddon-limit’
  • You in turn will raid them when they sleep at 3AM or something.
2 Likes

why do you want to fight with monster cv’s

My modified ship for 5.0 (had to tear off a LOT of blocks to get below the 20k limit took me 2 days…)

Redundancy components = win in PVP. My ship will still fly after you blew it up for like 70%. Your small ship won’t. So in fair 1-1 battles big ship wins. That’s the Empyrion way.
There is also a trick to save a LOT of fuel for space battles and some less effective tricks to safe fuel on planets by abusing speed limit (still saves over 80% fuel).
Disadvantage: Can’t use it on planets, consumes IDIOTIC amounts of fuel on planets unless cheesing.

Also note that I believe that it broke the size limit. For some reason I can’t place blocks at the end section of the inside of my ship anymore but I still have blocks outside that limit. Unless it’s that size bug again.

2 Likes

Well obviously the ones that don’t have donator planets will hide randomly in space at 100.000m - 500.000m and spread out their ships in random directions. And yes I’ll login once per hour, warp, logout (maybe warp twice to get back to safety) until I run out of pentax. I’m also seriously considering multi accounting one pvp char that has 0 RP (loss nothing on death) and one PVE/farmer char that holds all credits/RP.

[quote=“AlexAKM, post:65, topic:2827”]
but dat shakes + bugs (re-spawn in someones medical bay and points on radar) - I wouldnt say its good. Even more - I hate dat shakes!
[/quote]+1. Too many bugs. Only way to find ppl in deepspace = by abusing bugs. And I already predict a new rule:
"no ships replacements for players in space > 40.000m) because the amount of “help admin ship is gone” cries is gonna be insane but you basically ask for this without a rule.
Also I still have sentry guns at all my medbays… Because PVP fixes for 5.0 was not remotely good enough. I also have ships with insane amounts of tri’s (bye performance) because I don’t thrust the lag-shot fix.

[quote=“AlexAKM, post:65, topic:2827”]
And now, after they farm billions…
[/quote]Credits useless in 5.0 anyway, not gonna warp that much to buy/sell something I can’t be bothered. Marketplaces should work globally from all PVE zones imo… But even aside from that the new gold drilling (if we even get gold in 5.0) is gonna make the previous farms look like poop. All that hard earned cash from 4.0 is probably gonna be worthless due to MASSIVE inflation + too much warping anyway in 5.0.

1 Like

We have no info on how much those 6 drills actually drill, i doubt they will be insane so inflation might not be as high as you think.

You mention that the bigger CV wins, i see this as the biggest flaw in pvp, you should win on good design not size. With a limit you will be forced to design better after each defeat instead of designing bigger, and your enemies are restricted to 20k blocks aswell so why are you worried xD. Smaller also means less target area which means that maneuverability becomes more valuable the smaller you are, if less shots hit you its the same as being able to tank more.

The 7 billion credits are a joke xD but from what iv seen its much better to only be able to use ocd on pve, from the recent change it adds more emotion to your rare resource gathering trips, not being able to ocd:put:all right after mining is huge it adds the whole other element of having to get back alive, which is exciting. Id be happy if no one ever reaches ocd 7 :slight_smile:

At current patch raiding bases will be very very easy by out ranging base guns, is there a way admins could deactivate all cv guns on planets for now till this is fixed? Defending a base against a SV is much more viable although with gun limits i still don’t think a base has enough fire power to take on a single SV, maybe there is a way to increase gun limit on bases but keep cv and sv gun limits? that would help a lot.

1 Like

Why? I think there gonna be some planet like simple moon. one hour per day for farm, will give u BC for full-day jumps.

But it still didnt works. U die, spawn “near”, fly a bit away, and place some Public ship/BA. Than suicide and go “home”. Take ur ship and friends, and go “hunt”. profit?

I wouldnt say that. We had monopoly for standard resources from Donators (AMD from beginning and if they get luck, they got some cores on start), and ofc we need gold for buying resources on stations. Or farm on PvP-planets with risk? idk… Everything looks strange. Yes its good for Pirates, but not so good for PvE-players. I didnt think they get ready for such type of risk. More clients for donators (planets + NPC-Traders), and less for random players.

3 Likes

As I see, u hadnt check changes on test-server? All guns fixed. We check our base vs our CVs - One of the biggest CV die in 10 sec… BA rly strong now. But ammo-drain, still save life for abusers.

1 Like

life isn’t fair im afraid lol, Might be closer to homeworld but further away from other planets. I see no real disadvantage, maybe initially it takes a few extra pentax (BTW THE RED LINES DONT MEAN 25 PENTAX LIKE IN 4.0, IT SHOWS WARP ROUTES ONLY)

The thing is, The starter planet is exactly that…once you left there really is not incentive to go back. Just for the PVE, I guess to access OCD but thats why we have elemental marketplace.

1. That route is 25 pentax

2. it wipes

3. only basic meteorites…AM farming, HV farming. Not possible.

So what we are saying is you CHOOSE where you live, Its mainly PVP anyway so make the choice yours…Will it be risky, Probably, Will it be easy…unlikely, but is this a survival game not a minecraft game…players have got so used to filling their OCD they have forgotten the game intentions ;). There are so many planets to choose from, pick one you like :slight_smile:

Don’t have time to answer all players gripes that is always expected with any new universe but some points

1. There is no dedicated ‘Gold planet/Zascosium etc’

2. HV mining/abusing is not possible

3. Alien bases are appearing all over the universe in PVP, so always able to get AM cores/epics but never just go here and destroy. They are random spawned.

4. Warp routes have around 1500 possibilities, so no warp camping possible.

5. Epics for RP. Its basically you need x item to be considered a reputable member of x alliance, it could be any item/weapon but it has to be equal to all, ie epic is the same for all player to get…no shortcuts so is the most fair way. If we said each faction had to have a special token/id pass in their inventory people would say yea that makes sense…we dont have that ability so it has to be a weapon, and again to be fair as possible it has to be acquirable the same way for all, whislt also not being too easy to get.

6. OCD 7 is basically, just forget about it :wink:

Last words

5.0 is a tough universe, No longer can you sit and farm…unless you have earned that privilege. OCD has got to a point where things have got lost in translation, players are complaining about having FULL ocd and needing more space. This was NEVER the intention, players have been living in a safety net for too long. Rare resources are rare, Trading actually requires you to move throughout the universe and easy RP and rewards is none existent.

We were 100% prepared for the mini shitstorm of complaints lol, Ths is why we have a new server that is 90% PVE. So guys that are worried about bugs/ PVP issues etc can live in paradise :slight_smile:

for the players that want to feel the risk and reward and everything that comes with that…5.0 EU/NA is the place to be. You will get sad, You will lose sometimes…but skill, survival techniques and role play is core in 5.0

Take a step back and try and just enjoy the idea before committing to not liking something you have yet to even try.

When we make 6.0, as always be take on board all feedback, But as 5.0 is not yet live how can we be getting this much feedback…its not even tried and tested lol

Have fun out there

Achilles

4 Likes

[quote=“Kogami, post:69, topic:2827”]
i see this as the biggest flaw in pvp
[/quote]Bigger ships and more players in origin/faction = always stronger in these kind of games. So use it.

Also origins = hard to balance. If you allow to see/steal other faction ships you get spy/thrust drama’s. BUT if you do not do this (what we have now and which I prefer anyway), then all traders/alliance and even some hunters should ally up and just build 200 BA’s on each good planet and camp everything with their bigger numbers. You still get offline raided but spamming small BA’s doesn’t cost much. This is the new ‘PVE’

Smaller also means less target area which means that maneuverability becomes more valuable the smaller you are
[/quote] You saw my design right? It’s still a very small target area from front and back. Also my big ships is almost just as maneuverable as a 20 block ship, if not more. There is no point to smaller ships unless you are noob or can’t afford it.

if less shots hit you its the same as being able to tank more.
[/quote]You assume that big ships have bad designs. But from my experience the players who build big ships also build the smarter. We have smaller target areas than most + our ships are 4x bigger (used to be like a 100x bigger in 4.0). You can’t reliably inside-out-shoot us, we have small target areas, we are manourvrable, we don’t isnta die on the first DC, we don’t insta die against lag shots, you may not even be able to target us at all, etc. etc.

[quote=“AlexAKM, post:70, topic:2827”]
one hour per day for farm
[/quote]I refuse to farm pentax manually. Got too sick of it in 2.0 :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“AlexAKM, post:70, topic:2827”]
But it still didnt works. U die, spawn “near”, fly a bit away, and place some Public ship/BA. Than suicide and go “home”. Take ur ship and friends, and go “hunt”. profit?
[/quote]True… But at least I get to kill them once (+ more if they respawn nearby) and a lot of noobs don’t realize they spawned in an enemy ship and click “respawn on medbay” instead. That’s what I gamble on. Every little advantage helps in PVP and they add up.

Ah yes I forgot donators + no rp restriction + 100% PVE + alien cores there… I gotta go to my planet ASAP in 5.0 then to get some autominers up.

1 Like

I also want to mention some positive things: I love this :slight_smile:
5.0 brings many positive aspects as well, probably more than the negative ones. So even though I highlight a lot of theorycrafted problems (Which may not even be true), 5.0 = win. Keep it up.

I especially love random alien spawns. I hope they don’t spawn near existing parked CV’s though :stuck_out_tongue: But I also hope that they despan on server restart to keep server running.

P.S.
Still 4.x, devs didnt’ release 5.x. 4 people online total on server :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

–> Alex, Nice i didn’t try the test server yet, thanks for the info sounds good that bases are stronger now.

–> tiny, Then we will just have to fight and find out :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Coming home in few hours only to patch… should be ready before prime time.

3 Likes

We shall meet sooner or later (if you are EU).

Also 5.0 just downloaded for me! It’s released! Now let’s bribe Rex’s boss into letting him go home early.

1 Like

Bravo to you sir! Bravo!

1 Like

Wait… so if I want to hide in deep space, I better spam 200 SV cores in the other orbits around me at like 200km from center to so they don’t know what orbit houses our structures?

But to still have permanent PvE planets you have to earn it the real way now: As soon as you got 200-500 RP you can enter one of the four lovely Laggon Nebula Planets.

But donator planet =/= nebula planet… But he does mention perma pve, so this kinda contractics for donator planets. No idea if we need RP to enter donator planet now.
However I guess we can just quickly enter a perma PVE planet to OCD while we get warnings to leave and then quickly leave again?

1 Like

488 for me. :-x
but to be fair because of that change requiring warp every hour, I only ended with less than 100 RP. And THATS mostly because i got a 70 rp reward for reporting the typo in the guide about rp for traders.

2 Likes

dont pull back buddy, its ok to be mistaken. Especially when you acknowledge your mistake. No need to rremove post

1 Like

I dont see the reward for other faction? In fact you say:[quote=“RexXxuS, post:1, topic:2827”]
Every Origin have now the same condition to get RP. As seen in the video:-- Guardians need an Epic Assault Rifle and warp 1 time per hour…-- Hunter need an Epic Sniper and warp 1 time per hour…-- Trader need an Epic Pistol and warp 1 time per hour…-- Pirate need an Epic Minigung and warp 1 time per hour…to get 1RP per hour.
no other big profit for them anymore
guardians get also a supply package
[/quote]

Are we silently keeping the existing fa:supply? because that is not mentioned anywhere

1 Like