Welcome to HWS 5.0!

I just confirmed that Base sniping (at least in space) is still possible! Does not work against aliens but you can cheese aliens in another way I saw already. I still have to test if I can make an untargetable ships for aliens but I should be able to seeing the current mechanics.

Sent 2 exploits to Rex already…

1 Like

Alex don’t worry. I will be a Pirat ))) And all this new thing… we will get used it.

Patch notes: i like it - - Changed: Turrets are not targeting the “center” of a structure anymore - now turrets aim for the Core (soon we will integrate a more intelligent targeting system)

1 Like

Can you clarify about POI’s on alien planet ? Is this planet is wiping everyday ? or periodicly ?

1 Like

Hell, if there are rewards, I’ll be glad to proofread the 5.0 guide.

… dibs!

1 Like

Yaaaa it was kind of a major “typo”. And one that took three weeks with more than 160 hours to really prove that it was in fact in error. The guide still said RP if you warped that day, but they had stealth changed it to warped DURING that hour.[quote=“TinyDewDrop, post:87, topic:2827, full:true”]
I just confirmed that Base sniping (at least in space) is still possible! Does not work against aliens but you can cheese aliens in another way I saw already. I still have to test if I can make an untargetable ships for aliens but I should be able to seeing the current mechanics.

Sent 2 exploits to Rex already…
[/quote]

Let me guess, it doesnt fire if the core is out of range, but a turret is :slight_smile: so core in back, loads of guns up front on a long ship. Boom. Can fire, but not get fired upon.

1 Like

Awesome work as usual Rex and all the HWS team members :smiley: I hope we will get less dramas with 5.0 ^^

1 Like

Where is the gold?

1 Like

@RexXxuS I’m worried about starter, origin and maybe even donator planets. With current drill speed you can mine deposits so fast that players who start an hour later have nothing to drill anymore (only meteorites with hand drills). How is this solved? Are deposits reset every hour?

1 Like

New patch has dropped. When can we expect the server to catch up?

1 Like

No wipes, Just random spawning Alien bases, When some get destroyed. More will spawn.

Just a quick point. POI are not all destructible now. They can all be ofc ‘neutralized’ But you cannot core certain POI and they will always stand, just might be empty buildings though. As POI markers always stay this is a way that new players can see the POI even if they are defenseless…a little temp refuge maybe :wink:

NEW alien bases will spawn but will not be POI, You will have to discover them by searching on planets…all random alien bases can be totally destroyed :slight_smile:

You will see other special buildings throughout your travels in 5.0…maybe some indestructible bunkers until the core is wiped out for example where players can go to re-group…but be warned, these are open to all…:stuck_out_tongue:

We want players to actively explore to discover new things, New stuff and different things will be spawned regularly…maybe you randomly come accross some buried treasure…or maybe a trap, Risk and reward people…risk and reward :smile:

1 Like

VERY IMPORTANT

Guys before you update backup all your saved Blueprints in a seperate folder, my update crashed a few times stayed in a perma cycle of validating got corrupted and had to reinstall… cant load any of my previous single player maps with my new ship designs in and lost them all from my blueprints menu :frowning:

Dont be like me and loose weeks worth of design work backup your stuff before updating sigh…T_T

2 Likes

Yes I deleted all savegames just in case. They cause problems sometimes. Also cleaned up my blueprints anyway for 5.0 because 80% is now useless.

1 Like

Where is the gold? On what planet is now valuable resources and in what order do they lie? Gold + iron + Zaskozy or what?

1 Like

What if I trigger a lot of alien spawns at 500.000m in space? if it reaches the alien spawn limit we can never find them out there anymore. Is this protected? Because I did notice aliens spawning in space as well (not just on planets) in SP.

[quote=“Mpa3oTa, post:99, topic:2827”]
Where is the gold?
[/quote]I bet aliens have them.

1 Like

Yes where is all the GOLD

1 Like

GOLD? GOLD? GOLD? GOLD?

2 Likes

Yes where is all the GOLD?

1 Like

You lost your blueprints because you reinstalled. not because of the update. You can go to program files/steam/steamapps/emp/saves/blueprints/randoseriesofnumber/file name. These file names are the bp’s even if your game isnt launching these exist. so back them up before you reinstall.

1 Like

Hey @everyone,

just a very short but important information before you can join soon!

3 HWS Servers now!

HWS EU PvP 5.0 | MODs+Web API|Story|Customized

HWS NA PvP 5.0 | MODs+Web API|Story|Customized

HWS EU PvE 5.0 | MODs+Web API|Story|Customized <-- new

4 Likes

Is the 3rd Server full PVE?
Can we still switch between the servers with Trans-Server-Warp?

1 Like