HWS 8 Patch | Guilty / Bounty / Killboard rework | ECC Missions | Ninja Mission Competition

Dreadstar do you have a faction restricted PVP planet?
my planet is PVE so I can train my recruit.
I really think it’s disrespectful for you to think that this is a pay-to-win server
the only people that were complaining about the Guilty Red Gold were the ones that were not benefiting from it
but I do understand your concern.

1 Like

Please don’t start that. I did not say that. I said people will use that as another reason for saying this server is P2W something RexXxus and a lot of us older player have been trying to dispel for along time. Please leave the trolling to ingame.

I clearly stated this would create a false impression of P2W. The sentence below that is what they will say which is why it is put in quotations.

quo·ta·tion
ˌkwōˈtāSH(ə)n/Submit
noun
plural noun: quotations
a group of words taken from a text or speech and repeated by someone other than the original author or speaker.
“a quotation from Mark Twain”

This has about 2.5% to do with the redzone. This is about guilty, the cost, and the restrictions it puts on players and not having the ability to tell Alliance players from other origins. The redzone is only 1 of many ways you go guilty. Its just added for completion when detailing the pros and cons of the new changes.

I’m not tolling you I like you you’re pretty good player but I understand your concerns.

Sayak is right, I can be 150 meters from the red gold and it’ll still mark me as guilty. Not to mention the broken teleporter…

3 Likes

Valid? criticisms that I have:

You go guilty if you kill 10 alliance players in a row:

I can’t tell just by looking at a ship/player if a player is alliance origin or not.
Many of my enemy factions are mostly alliance, we’re in a state of war.
There is no cap or diminishing returns on the scaling cost to do egs:noguilty.
There are few/no stations in PvP space to service dedicated outlaws.
(equal to the amenities offered in PvE space, regarding shop count and type)

Possible “fixes”:
Add a check which ignores the “10 alliance = guilty” mechanic for factions at war
(Factions are kinda like nations or megacorporations which often willingly both enter into war - soldiers who fight in wars are usually not branded criminals for their participation unless some extra-heinous deed is performed.)

Add a cap to the cost of EGS:noguilty, to where it still scales 100k-200k-300k, but eventually caps at (whatever you decide is balance? 2.5m?)

Add stations/locations in which lawless players can buy all of the things available at ECC.

2 Likes

With all do respect Rexxxus, I would appreciate you sharing your vision where this is going. Not a fan of guessing games. I’m with Aerdred on this.

Where is the incentive to play given the new risks created by this change?

To be honest, atm I’m only seeing disincentive and only reasons to reduce pvp game play.

A visit to gg anywhere runs a risk of becoming guilty. A running battle on gg often covers a large portion of the planet ---- easily running over the red zone. This takes the lusture away from gathering gold anywhere on gg.

If I’m wrong, and there is an upside to pvp game play with this change ---- please clearly explain the reasons why.

2 Likes

This is one of the problem when things get patched.

I think the kill board is a distraction, for the most part it has been exploited purposely or accidental to remove guilty or rp farming.
Being guilty and charged credits for killing 10 alliance in my opinion is a bad idea.
The GG guilty crust needs to be removed, or tweaked.
Setting someone guilty for 10 or 50m needs to be removed.

1 Like

Its brilliant for making Guilty harder to get rid of, I welcome the change to death-cheezing your way out.

But for a frequently or permanently (by choice or by bank) Labeled Outlaw, having your position trackable and lacking the ability to go into PVE means that you’re unlikely to be able to keep or own a base. Sure, logging out with offline protection might keep it safe overnight, but within a week somebody is gonna set up gun-stations all around it or figure out when its not vulnerable.

Perhaps instead of locking guilty players out of PvE entirely, lock them out of specific systems much like restrictions for CV’s in certain playfields exist. Or, adopt a “cost” mechanic similar to taxes - Allow guilty people to enter ECC or etc PvE playfields at a cost-per-entry. (you bribe your way past customs - you’ll be able to conduct business as usual during this visit, but avoid staying overnight and dont try your luck)

Guilty people in PvE overnight can expect to wake up in jail or whatever

The killboard gets brought up with “farming” attached alot but from an inside prospective from a rather PvP oriented (and often guilty) faction -

We’ve killed eachother to remove guilty (as was the meta). It was done typically after invading the red zone and wanting to go bank the gold. This was a hassle and the killboard wasn’t targeted or exploited for extra points, we simply removed guilty as fast as possible and got on with our lives, in a mad dash to bank gold.

The closest thing to killboard farming that occurs is when you kill a guy, start looting his ship, and have to kill him again because he tries to re-gear from his corpse or inside his vessel.

This is bound to happen from both perspectives -
(damn, I died, hes gonna loot me, I gotta try to save this…)

{Ok, got him, gonna loot all this stuff, just gotta keep him from throwing it in the trash/running off with it/shooting me}

Intent is what matters here, if you stay and kill him as many times as you can and you hope he keeps respawning, thats getting exploity.

A simple fix for that would be a kill-count-cooldown.
I kill you and it counts.
I kill you in less than 5 minutes after the first - you still die but the killboard doesnt add it

keep the red gold the way it is just fix the range as some times even 600ms away from the red gold makes you guilty , keep the guilty staus when mining the red gold the way it is but ethier remove the killing 10 alliance and become guilty or find away to tweak it something along those ways. and for those complaining about getting guilty when mining the red gold , DONT MINE THE RED GOLD simple as that , sorry for some of the spellig errors and super tired just wokr 9 hours in 42 degrees celcious heat outside. i agree with the way the guilty killing of a alliance memeber thats has been mining red gold has been fixed.

2 Likes

@RexXxuS I am fine with the command egs:noguilty . As long as you work with us and cap it off after a Certain amount . Or make it Reset weekly . For the Price to keep going up . Mining in the Red Zone would not be profitable when the egs:noguilty command has to be used costing Millions of Credits.

Once again I dont mind using the command . Its a great Feature even more so if people arent around or online to kill you to become no guilty .

But having a increased RP/Credit cost with no limit at how high the cost will go is not profitable unless you mine for alone time .

Yes people can mine the regular Gold , Yes the Red Gold has risk . But with these new changes the Risk will not be worth the reward . And speaking of Risk . It is already risky being on a PVP planet made of GOLD . Then becoming Guilty show’s your location . Risky in PVP … Mining Ships Filled with GOLD easy Target , … Risky … There is already enough Risk Being in the Blackhole Sector as it is . Our Alliance today was in a Huge CV battle with another Faction . So the PVP risk is already there .

With having New Content that people do not want to use due to these type of changes is almost like having no content. Once again we need to keep players not try and get them to leave with these types of Rule’s. New Players or Smaller Factions might never be able to use this content or be afraid due to this type of thing and leave .

2 Likes
  1. Make base in the middle of red gold live there and be perma guilty.
  2. Live happily there and mine to heart content.
  3. Have your friend to transport gold out.
  4. Watch you enemies get guilty every time they try to kill your base.
    5.???
    6.Profit
    Oh and be sure to be alliance player :smiley:

We were just talking about switching to Alliance and flying down in cheap disposable craft to make people guilty and have them be charged huge amounts of credit and RP all the time…

Or find their deep space bases if they are not careful.

1 Like

Right. Glad the death-cheesing got fixed but now the Red Gold area will soon be prohibitive in its current form due to the exponential nature of EGS:NOGUILTY.

I’m with the others that EGS:NOGUILTY should reset after say a month maybe. So then one can start mining on the red patch proper again. (Or make it some sort of useable skill point on the skill tree; OR UP the RP cost but lower the $ cost so it is still ‘profitable’ to mine.)

Otherwise all that happejns is after a couple more days folks will stop mining there; there’ll be less of a ‘pull’ factor to GG (a place that has always been caked in gold to encourage PVP) and less people will come to GG for the red spot.

Not to mention that it is currently glitchly as hell; in which if you’re nearby the red spot but not directly above it one can become guilty; not sure if there is a way to fix this but it is certainly frustrating.

Also as far as i’m aware the top two EU playerboard killers have been the least active on GG. (and the top player isn’t even in our alliance!) So another player’s point about people climbing to the top of the playerboard by farming eachother’s guilty kills is a load of utter rubbish. (Rubbish being the ‘polite’ word for most of the stuff that player says.)

Away from the EGS:NOGUILTY issue I do like this new ‘ninja’ mission idea, but my biggest issue is that as someone who is utter rubbish at POIs are there any easy/starter POIS that have low loot but low difficulty? As with the less cheesy AI i’m more interested in POIs than I used to be.

Also @RexXxuS regarding the gold patch on GG will the red spot be moved at some point as was discussed a week ago? If-so that could make things interesting as some folks might try to go-lucky get-lucky as it’ll be further from the base and we may get more visitors! :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

All i got to say is come on Rexxus!!.. I thought we could shoot birdies now!!.. How could you do this to us?!.. This better be a future update or your in big trouble Mr!!..:face_with_raised_eyebrow::joy:

Next time think twice before building a base on red gold! hahahaha
With the millions you made and without paying for your crimes just killing each others finally is time to take consequences or move your base with egs recicle!
:*

It’s good to give guilty a real meaning. It’s way too convenient to just die & get rid of it. Now it actually harms those who bear the mark & makes us think twice before engaging in questionable actions.

However, from roleplay perspective I would propose few things:

Separate small-time criminals from “Most wanted” list. Those are the individuals who are visible in the map & are completely unable to visit PvE playfields. Build new content in PvP areas for those individuals to enjoy without the need to visit PvE for missions making living as “Most Wanted” a possible, yet very risky way of life. It would be harder to get “Most wanted” tag (Somewhere in line with current guilty kill limits).

Visiting red zone or committing single murder wouldn’t cause this. Instead it would be awarded only by committing multiple murders etc. (Less kills required as Alliance player than Lawless, obviously) Alliance players are not supposed to kill each others at all. Petty crimes like attacking a base in PvP while owner is not home would not cause “Most Wanted” tag unless they have committed multiple break-ins.

If possible getting “Most Wanted” tag also would require player to see the crime. (Target escapes before getting killed etc.) Seeing a crime that would cause “Most Wanted” Tag would trigger a special mission to visit ECC before getting killed by that criminal. It would have a reward payout (%% of noguilty fee if criminal ever pays it) & could only be triggered by Alliance player OR the target of the crime. Meaning freelancer or lawless has to escape the attack in order to report the crime, while Alliance member could report the crime simply by seeing it & triggering the special mission. This would prevent other lawless members reporting crimes of their origin members & gives alliance a meaningful role as “police”.

Getting rid of this tag would be much harder than simply paying fees. Players would, for example need to serve jail-time in addition to paying fees (Getting locked out of EGS services in PvE for limited time after paying the fee). Getting this tag would instantly bump the noguilty fee to +10 (At the very least 66 RP + 6.6m credits if player would start fresh, get small-time criminal guilty & then increase it directly to Most wanted) and would not reset back to cheap price overtime.

Then these smaller time criminals would also be tagged as Guilty. Getting this kind of Guilty tag would be much easier, only requires committing a single crime like a murder towards ANYONE except other guilty players. For example Lawless player killing anyone except guilty would get this tag just like Alliance killing lawless who isn’t guilty at all. Also attacking a base of non-guilty PvP player would cause this tag. (Certain limits needed to prevent accidental guiltys when flying in PvP area with guns on)

However, their location would NOT be shown to public and could pay fees to enter PvE areas for limited time (+Heavily taxed if structure is there for over 1-2 hours etc). They would also be tagged “Guilty” visible all the time next to their name so hunters know they can be killed without receiving guilty tag themselves. Give some sort of reward for hunting these individuals. The cost to get rid of this tag would reset from time to time (for example 2 weeks).

Some playfields should be “free for all” zone where EGS justice simply doesn’t reach at all. These playfields would be used for fun PvP & would not cause any kind of tags. However the playfields like this would be very limited & every meaningful, resourceful etc playfield would fall to EGS justice circle.

Adding one more thing: With these changes players who actively do PvP should be tagged with minor criminal guilty & are not supposed to regulary get rid off it while being “Most Wanted” is something only the very best & strongest players or factions can do, making it very unappealing to go on full rampage randomly.

Good Morning all,

We have foreseen this one month ago and disallowed Guilty people to enter, even if they have a PvP restricted planet. All good.

I tried to fix it for now… but it was an unknown variable, yes.

You can. Use the fa:scanorigin command! HWS PvP Radar Scan / Capture Point Zones

Already available! Visit the EGS Star: EGS Star

It is not glitchy. It is calculated math. -900 to 900, 1 to 150 and -900 to 900 are the bounding box in which you become guilty. Very clear. With the command “di” you see your coordinates all the time.
If you mean again the teleporter, which Empyrion ports a player first to 0 0 0 and THEN to the destination I think I fixed it by setting the height of the zone to 1+.

You never tried it yet but everyone who reads the Ninja Mission carefully before doing will see it isn’t that hard. The hard part is rather the time management.
And your question implies you never did all the other HWS POIs… sad but my short answer is: yes.

I will do my test as mentioned above about the height: 1. Otherwise moving it would require a planet wipe.

The “questions about my vision”: my vision is immersion — giving Empyrion late game content and have decisions! In the end, it’s always about decisions, I really like them.
Hence I really don’t like complains where you complain about a decision you made. I couldn’t care less.

I don’t want to “kill PvP” as some claim, not at all, but I want you to do decisions and work legit ways around the Red Gold I have integrated you better find before complaining.

Anyways, thanks to all. Maybe we can stop the complains now and move forward because now is the state you should experienced months before.

So @Fallen_Angel has good points and @Dreadstar and some others.
We can cap the egs:noguilty cumulative values at some point. We can reset them either time based like the Votes or by certain activities like “do the EGS Prison Breakout Mission and steal “your documents” out of the office to become no guilty”. Just as an example.

Or we do the immersion road and say “only guilty player can trade at XY location”. Only guilty player can get this super HWS Garage ship with even more modified weapons. etc
Everything like that sounds great and will come. No worry.

4 Likes

Perhaps the EGS star could be enhanced, by adding a zone, which allows players to access their OCD? This will then make the Star the real hub for the guilty… but will also increase the risk of PvP in its area.

This would make the EGS star a kind of Freeport.

4 Likes