HWS 8 Patch | Guilty / Bounty / Killboard rework | ECC Missions | Ninja Mission Competition

I think I have a slightly (more fair) suggestion to the “guilty revealing location” .

How about, if someone is guilty… their location is automatically (and only) revealed when they fly within range of any admin structure or POI. So, if someone is deemed guilty, and they fly within range of an alien base or a stargate or any sort of structure that is not owned by their player faction… the position is reported to HWS Connect… and require no bounty to be paid for that report, it happens automatically.

That way, if someone is guilty and they want to avoid giving away their location, they will have to play stealthy and avoid locations that would report their position.

For stargates, it could even be a server message; so if guilty player X flies within range of a stargate it will say something like, “Police are warning [player] has been spotted near the stargate in the [location] system!” etc. It would make guilty people huntable, but not outright betray their position constantly.

2 Likes

Again, just trying to share my thoughts in honesty and not personal.

Struggling to trust this leads to something better.

Atm — looks like the biggest hws game play nerf during the time I’ve been here.

Still kinda think I’ll eventually be proven wrong based on history.

But, really struggling with this concept and what it does to my play style atm.

Will be watching from sidelines for the most part to see where this is headed.

An alternative as far as the red gold guilty location giveaway, what if that was only valid on GG and BH? It would allow us outlaw arseholes to enjoy our guilty lifestyle without having to pay the RP penalty every time we do something bad and bribe our way out. It it would have to be for both GG and BH, to prevent those from just skipping to orbit to clear the geolocation tagging.

Yeah i tried several POIs back in the good ole’ days of 5.0- and 5.5 But like i said i didn’t enjoy the game mechanics back then (The weird way in which the creatures moved. Not your fault at all. The POIs were awesome, but i was new and rubbish but now i’m a lil’ bit better) [All that first person shooting practice is paying off!].

I’ll speak to my alliance guys so I can get into some more POIs, I enjoy doing them in a team!

Thanks for the reply,
Wise. :slight_smile:

It really is terrible that guilty cannot enter PvE at all.

Need a way for guilty to visit ECC at least without paying for a full guilty clear. Think of it as a 1 hour pass, which still costs you but not as much since you remain guilty.
(You bribe your way past the customs officials. You estimate that you have X time to conduct your business and leave before anyone gets suspicious)

My biggest issue with guilty is that it locks you out of most of the services and amenities that HWS has to offer -

No OCD (except 7, which, lol.)
No ECC Npc shops
No Events - cant really run the prison mission if you cant get there.
No access to EGS Zone for OAM recovery
No access to market for Player-Player trades (EGS Star doesnt count)

@RexXxuS I know your english can fail at times but this is just funny!! PROVE IT!

I like these changes and can see the bigger picture here but being perma guilty is a little much. I think kittiez is onto something with putting a time limit on the guilty. Say 7 day perma guilty then 10% reduction per day after that? I do strongly feel that if you are free farming the uber gold spot that you should have to buy everything… no AM’s, no interest, no ecc no safe spots but in return… your richer that all hell at the end of the season.

We all know the lag is real on GG and 10 class size 7 bases is ridiculously laggy. Mining the ground is also adding to the lag and the factions that are set up there are using this to there advantage and forcing fights on the lag/loading lines. I propose smaller bases class size 3 on pvp hotspots like GG.

If you do think removing the perma guilty is the direction we should go then this is just an idea I have and not sure if or how it would work but maybe think about doing the deposits with indestructible ground and allowing T3 auto miners on them. This would spread bases out around the planet to protect their groups of T’3 and will open opportunity for the 2 big warring alliances to do what love to do…fight. Just a suggestion

@Rabid So you want to get rich quick and use all the little bonuses as well? Common dude really? You do realize there are people that are collecting 5-10 mil a day just on bank interest alone. And you feel you should have access to that benefit as well as free farming gold at the hotspot?

Now I do agree with one thing… you should have access to the ECC player market via a place in space around GG so that you can “buy” the things such as ammo and res/blocks/armour. This would drive the economy up and offer all the people that dont pvp a chance to make some gold off a player run market! Maybe…just maybe this is why the “EGS Star” was born.

5-10 million a day? Probable multiple accounts using family sharing I assume. It’s crap tactics, but I guess it’s still allowed. Why mine for hours when the interest will do the work for you!

oh damn… sorry… I corrected the proof thing, thanks.

Again guys, the funny thing is, that Guilty was exactly meant that way since one year! Crazy, right…
But with my Red Gold idea and now the fix of friend-deaths people waked up out of their stasis :open_mouth:

That’s good though. Finally honest feedback I guess :slight_smile:

While guilty @Rabid should be exactly that: lock you out of the main eco-system (while still giving you some things in the EGS Star) it should be not a complete draw back.

I will think about good ways to make it interesting to get rid of the guilty flag additionally to the egs:noguilty command.
Good candidate is the Origin Skill Tree, or frequently claimed Daily Loot or Origin based like Lawless have cheaper way to get rid of it than Freelancer and so on…
An OCD Zone is coming for sure … was long on the todo list. So you can use OCD everywhere if you are in the OCD Zone.

Bottom line is funny but I feel like Eleon: sometimes you complain the S out of me, forgetting that I have things planned and doing and doing but I’m just not fast enough for you doing work alone normally a whole team is required to do it. :wink:
But fixing what is broken can sometimes hit some people against the wall, yes it does…

Let’s wait until @Jascha is back from his trip at weekend and we can start with cool immersion features again.

4 Likes

@TacoIsland yea multiple accounts and its a cheap mechanic I agree.

Good job @Dr.Dark for completing the Ninja Mission first!!!

So we have our Ninja on HWS!

It only took you 9 attempts :smiley:

P.S.: You can still send me your submissions or best to post them here but the reward is claimed now.

2 Likes

So if I understand this right, if somebody is guilty they aren’t allowed to access their donor planet/play-field that they spent real money on? And if they can’t afford to get out of guilty they’re just SOL?

Been like that for a while it’s fair.

Sure, until you get to the point where buying yourself out of guilty costs you millions of credits and you have no way of buying out. Which is why I suggested resetting the cost or capping it’s increments.

Pro tip don’t go guilty. stay out of the red zone on gg.

3 Likes

Brilliant suggestion.

So, one who doesnt need to mine gold, does not want to mine gold, and does not desire to become guilty, but does like to participate in pvp on the major pvp planet (read gg), and help their alliance maintain and defend their base, is supposed to not go to the pvp planet and still enjoy the game.

Got it.

@TheRaven explained it already.

If they could enter their safe donator playfields but non-donator can’t access ECC for example the pay 2 win hate would be so big, I could close HWS.
And yes I know I have a lot of pay 2 win hater, but they don’t understand HWS so I couldn’t care less.
Hence again I say: watch out for the details.

I’ve heard it and as soon as Jascha is back, we will find cool ways to make all happy again but yes

That is the best summary of this post here.

Can we suggest reputation gains when paying no guilty taxes?

Well talking about bringing PVP back to live. Guess i m gonna play on HWS only Harvesting my OCD and Farmville on my Base now.
How do “over Implement” 101

He is trying to balance it he is aware things need to change just give it time.

1 Like