HWS 9.0 released! | More info | Part 1 "Preparation"

Hi HWS Community,

I want to share some remaining details as fast as I can.

First of all and hands down:
I was not able to finish everything I planned or even have announced.
As I have told few times: along the EXP process and updates, some of my work was thrown out of the window.
For example the PDA EGS Depot Hunt mission, which all of you liked so far. Easy loot and nice incentive for PvP.
But because of the new Path finding AI, it is not compatible with my “hacked” SV > CV POI anymore.
I need a new POI and time is just running out…

Also the detailed PDA NPC Faction missions are coming later.

And the planned Commoditity Trader 2.0 update had to be downgraded to 1.5, because of some very bad bugs regarding Turrets.

That’s the bad news.

Now good news!

HWS Meta Planet

The ECC Planet got a nice partner! The “HWS Meta” planet, “sponsored” by the HWS Meta Patrons here:

It’s a PvE planet which gives each of you the chance to live with 1 private structure type.

BONUS: The first 7 visitor can claim one of 7 Japanese Penthouses for free! (Only ONE per player and faction)

First tiny NPC Faction PDA missions

For each NPC Faction you can activate proper Missions and get rewarded by doing them. Very easy as a first test.
It gives you 5000 NPC RP.
Have fun! :slight_smile:

Under the hood

Let’s just sum it up for now that a lot of other things changed too but even more less than I wanted.
So just some screenshots while you wait for HWS 9

New OCD Attachement for EGS HQ

New Commodity Trader for the EGS Flying City

Keep in mind that there are always 2 Supergates now. One for regular usage (CV), the other ONLY for SVs

New Missions (more to come…)

A new old Golden Globe, you want to fight for

That’s it for now… have fun discovering even more new stuff.
Ironically I must say it’s also for HWS the “Part 1” (like Eleon said regarding Alpha 9).
HWS 9.X will be then the “real” potential of all Alpha 9 features and ideas.

Thank you all for your patience and we hope that you enjoy your stay once again - let’s see if we can beat the most successful season we had in HWS 8.X! :smiley_cat:

Your HWS Team

P.S.: Make sure to read the other 3 Teasers, explaining our reworked Elemental Bank (EB) and Orbital Cargo Drone (OCD)

4 Likes

Can’t wait :smiley: And good idea about the penthouses. Most veterans probably don’t need them, so it gives newer players a chance.

2 Likes

HWS Servers are online!

Enjoy season 9.0!

2 Likes

So all of my items from inventory are gone, did they get moved to another container or something?

No, and you are level 1. It is a server wipe. This is why we have an OCD to keep some of what we have from one season to next.

So it’s literally every update all my stuff is going to get wiped and my bases half filled with terrain?

I dont understand meta planet :thinking:
So basically all the server will live here?
Why put a base on other planets/sectors when you are directly here in ecc?
Why having a donator planet / space when you can live for free in the best spot on the galaxy?
really i dont understand :roll_eyes:

I don’t think it is fair to blame Rexxus for the incompetence of Eleon. We have HWS IN SPITE of Eleon’s ability to destroy performance, not because of it!

I for one am grateful that Rexxus was able to wipe so quickly after 9.0 dropped, I only wish that i had the necessary time to play the game!

You can only have on structure on it, where as donator planets you can have tons of cores :slight_smile: It works for the small solo factions that don’t have the cash to dole out for a donor planet, it’s a good idea in my mind, gives the less powerful/big facs some more establishment :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

2 Likes

Hi! On the website at the connect part wont working well to me. What i see at my stats: The old HWS 8 stats.
What happen? Im clear the browser, but same thing.

Will be fixed soon. Sorry

1 Like