HWS Half Time of season 8.X | Votes | New help command | Roadmap

Sorry but wiping partially ocd will only increase pvp. I came from a server where there was no ocd and every season start was total war and every pvp playfield was popolated by players actively fighting for resources. Who actively play wont be hurted by partial cut of ocd. If you dont play from something like 3 seasons you should not have a fat ocd. Active players support the servers not the ghosts.

how many players on that server?

Was official Eleon Eu server. 30 players max all the season long. Now is dead because is 6 months that is not wiped, full of class 5 planets and the requests for admin help are processed in something like 2/3 weeks. The only active planet this season was pandora moon… a class 1 planet :smiley: where you fight for erestrum.
Its obvious that you dont want to cut your ocd, i am not happy either to lose stuff is just to balance the server and sometimes hurts.
Is like taxes, you dont want it but you need to pay it.
Btw is only my opinion, chill out.

@Paxxo1985 @Elfias and everyone else, i’ve mentioned about what to do with OCD as a suggestion here:

Tell me what you think, an optional wipe which is entirely a player choice, and in return the player gains capacity. Like ‘prestige mode.’ from Call of duty games! :slight_smile:

Wrong post, that one is OAM. Here is my OCD one:

we need to cut not increase, always in my opinion.
going from 70k to 80k ocd wont solve the problem.
Ocd tax of 20-30% at the end of the season will fix the problem.

HWS wasn’t PvE server with crumbs of PvP when I joined, that’s what I meant.

Man, belive me I get you, you came home from work, you want to relax, do some stuff around base, maybe POI or do a bit of mining, maybe a mission, you are not interested in someone who will come and destroy all your work, I understand that. I just think you missing best part of game and reason why you do all that crap collecting, putting it in OCD. On what are you PvE guys going to spend it I don’t know. But I respect it, you have all the right to play your way.

RIP PvP

1 Like

you know theres one problem, there are PvE players who time to time want to go to PvP and try it.

They jump to Homeworld and they get ganked by 6 hungry PvP players starving for combat. They leave and never come back to PvP again.

Maybe we need some way, something like arena, where whoever wants to try it can do that. Players can fight players with same experience, so its equal.

Its like this. PvE player goes to planet. About 1 minute later we know hes there (no. of cores per playfield, Im sure you have this same…guys guys 2 more cores on [planet]). 4 minutes later we walk over his dead body.

0/10 will try PvP again.

My first pvp experience was like a rape. I went in pvp with my big class cv tier1. I got wrecked by a sv in something like 15 seconds. I was shocked. But is all about mentality. There is someone that will quit and someone like me who wants to improve. Now i am here.

An ocd tax wont help. Screwing with the OCD at all will mess with too many people, and risk server integrity. Instead i think my suggestion at least offers further progression for those with maxxed out stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had the same experience, joined server as Pirate, met Sanchous, greeted him, hi comrade pirate and my flying cocpit exploded few seconds later. 14 days after it I was fighting SWP and had great fun when they start dieing after 4 hours of battle.
Might be too harsh for some, or they don’t want it that intensive.

I think that whats most important is to see secondary explosions of ship in crosshair, that’s at least reason why I play. Secondary explosions, chain reaction boom.
Actualy secondaries in my ship drags me away from PvP, secondaries in enemy ship brings me back to PvP.

1 Like

I appreciated the GMC sell of their first Maruders, that bringed new people to pvp… maybe we the pvp players need to sell cheap pvp cv miners so people will start to search fortune there :smiley:

1 Like

lambs for the slaughter

I said pvp miners, not pve. Maruders were quite good pvp SVs

1 Like

Cheers @Paxxo1985 ! :slight_smile: That was the plan, get more newbies into PVP with a half decent ship that’ll at least hold out better than a prefab, and us donating some of our own creations to wanna be PVPers is certainly a good thing :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Wise. :slight_smile:

just thinking about this.
its an interesting paradigm coming from you.
you want everyone to start out with no ocd, everyone equal.
but then you want to sell cv miners to noobs, but not your current attack cv.

you are already at the top of the kill board, what else do you need?
why not sell your current attack cv instead.
really make it a balanced playfield.
bonus points for adding fully stocked ammo supplies.

Sorry but i wont give away a 100+ hours design cv just because i need to give away free stuff.
When i started none give to me a pvp miner and instead of being lazy i went in creative mode and started to doing my first cv. I am a step further giving away a taste of pvp that wont die in one shot and can warp away from we the bad guys. Maybe instead of saying i want i want i want, why you wont say i try i try i try?
This will make you better.

2 Likes

this is entirely my point, > you dont really want a balanced playfield, you want to dominate.

and you know that by setting everyone back from ocd, only the blueprints matter.

The fun of pvp is killing your enemy to copy the blueprint. :slight_smile:
This game is about building… i think you are taking this game in a wrong way.