New way to play GG?

Towards your last point Wise :

I mined a few asteroids in BH with my 7,49 star destroyer yesterday, met noob ships but no way to prevent them from warping, this really kills space combat.

I farm asteroids at around double speed compared to the situation before Rexxus buffed them. The amount of ore per asteroid has not been buffed, so you get 1500-2000 gold ore for each asteroid. There are something like 8 gold asteroids in BH, i hope that i found all of them ?

Alltogether the ore you get is a JOKE compared to GG surface left clicking in a HV.

2 Likes

Absolutely right on new players warping out; but that’s the whole concept behind BH. Less risk-less reward.

Back before the surface of GG when it was just deposits or on Arma where it was meteorites the only place you had as a viable money-making alternative was BH. By nerfing the ground on GG you’ll be more likely to get some proper PVP factions mining in BH which will in turn go back to the stays where you could get some rather spectacular space combat in BH/HW space.

I’ll never forget 5.0 where SWP had sprang a trap and PKA had warped right into it then for the next 12 hours you had [about 20] cvs engaged in a fleet-wide whole-scale battle that resulted in the loss of 2 of our ships; the scrapping of about three and the destruction of about five enemy ships and the capturing of three as well as writing off many of their cvs! Unfortunately SWP never really recovered from that but the action was AWESOME! (The lag not so much! :slight_smile: )

So my TL:DR is that IF Rexx can find a way to make gold mineable only on PVP hours on New-Arma then BH will become relevant again (tho i agree ore concentration and asteroid number both need to be buffed in BH to make it more sought after)

Best regards!
Wise.

If the thought is to replace GG with Arma and have PvP/PvE rotation, what about if the PvE have a low % of gold and all the resources ( a mix of HW and GG) and PvP have a high % of gold and low % of resources?

Just brain(farting)storming(sharting).

Rex said that somewhere yesterday I think. “Chance of a gold when in PvE will be extremely rare but in PvP they will fall like rain”.

I wouldn’t quote me on that quote but you can quote me on that.

1 Like

Agreed and it would be nice if some of the ‘lesser’ pvp planets offered more, reason for people to go there. Especially smaller factions/newer players that cannot have a chance on GG/Homeworld.

1 Like

The problem with GG are all the OP base towers there. Without these it would be single player / noob combat HV/SV versus alpha faction vessels. As these not always have their full numbers on it would result into a fair PVP eventually.

But with all of their towers to withdraw, repair and rearm on GG fighting them is pointless.

I vote against bases on GG !

Do you play on NA at all? I mean seriously you have no idea what you are talking about. We don’t have OLP, come over and see how much you like it.

1 Like

Yes i play on both servers. Ok i come and build my bridgehead on NA GG later today. I was there some weeks ago and it was a wood of base towers, what is even strengthening my argument : No bases on GG !

Pve/pvp rotation wont work for me. I can’t be on at normal hours to mine gold. If I am not able to mine gold because I work different hours than other people that seems unfair. Please leave GG pvp 24/7.

1 Like

PvP isn’t supposed to be “fair”. You can never always have it be “fair”. My SV is bigger than yours, or is better designed - now PvP is not fair. We are fighting and a friend shows up… it is now not fair. So, yes bases will stay because you can just fly around them and mine where they do not exist.

And if you have a problem with all the bases… form an alliance… wipe out the bases.

Agree to this, the rotation is pointless. If people want PVE there are better chillout planets than GG to to that.

I am still waiting for that logical explanation on how offline raiding is considered pvp…some ppl just want free loot with no resistance. Boring!

4 Likes

No idea, ask ur team mate Ranzeth he seems to be good at it with a Plasma turret

i think we sould probably be using the word balanced as oposed to Fair, better context…

1 Like

You’re right ofc, but on the other hand is the inability to do anything about bases belonging to factions that aren’t online often (or perhaps just not when you’re online).

Finding the right balance is pretty key.

I agree it’s boring, but it was removed because of exploiting the OLP with base building as well as alternate accounts, etc.

The argument against OLP is that these active PvP playfields shouldn’t be a place that you can permanently set up shop without being willing to work hard to maintain that permanent base.

1. TAW has maintained their presence on GG for the entire season to my knowledge. That’s not because they have a magic button to protect bases, it’s because they actively recruit and try to maintain a presence around the clock to ensure they can hold. Hate spewed from opposition aside, they have successfully “lived” on GG.

The argument for OLP is often simply that “we can’t be online all the time”

1. I feel for those that want to have their cake and eat it too but to put it simply you can do “raids” when you are online to do your mining, if that’s what you’re concerned about.
  2. If your primary concern is having a base on the planet to allow you to PvP better then once again, when you’re online go down and set that up. Often you have a decent amount of time before opposition appears with enough force to really engage. If you build far enough away from their bases then you have enough time to setup a decent defense before they are able to really assault you.
  3. If you just want to have a base because you think you’re entitled to a base wherever you want it then I don’t feel for you though.

If OLP could be activated for specific playfields and left off others I would support that. More active playfields like Homeworld and Golden Globe could have no OLP and other PvP areas(like in space) could allow OLP. Not sure if HWS have access to do that in the game though.

@RexXxus, question. Is it possible to have limits(uses & duration) on OLP?

Example:

1. OLP can only be used once per day
  2. OLP only lasts for 3 hours and then deactivates

It’s kinda an EVE thing so not sure if it has already been looked at, thought I’d ask at any rate. They have a protection thing that is essentially armed when the base is put under siege and that starts a counter and notifies members of the group that set up that space station of when the countdown ends. This allows them to plan and be there for the defense of the space station.

nope

OLP = good, for single players/small factions who cant be online 24/7 because they have a real life job/school/family

OLP= bad for antisocial 24/7 drug dealers without a perspective in life thus forming together a big street gang on HWS similar to the street gang in real life where they are member of. Without offline protection they could spread there terrorism all over HWS without obstacles.

It would be ok to me playing without OLP IF bases would receive a HUGE buff, i dont mean something like „one artillery turret more“, i mean something like :slight_smile:

• 50 % more base turret range compared to vessels
  • instant hit guns (e.g. flak turrets) to counter SV hover-shoot-take cover behind hill tactics
  • armored concrete 5x the current hit points
  • 5 times more hitpoints to base Turrets
  • 20 times more hitpoints to hangar doors and doors in general (to allow vessels in base hangars again)
  • yes, and more guns, of course
  • here is the most important demand of all : BASES SHALL NOT BE PLACED INSIDE SHOOTING RANGE OF ANOTHER BASE. This is especially true after the wipe(PVP/PVE rotation), when people can place bases during PVE, then anihilating the enemy base as soon as PVP kicks in.

Summed up, if bases become a fomidable threat again instead of „funny jokes“ like now we could live without offline protection.

So dont take me wrong, i love PVP and to risk something, but not with zero chance faced by a 30 member coward faction with 20 brick SV in reserve.
If single players/small factions are put into a position to challenge the big empires gameplay would clearly become enriched. … even for the antisocial big PVP empires.

If you think that i am wrong please read this discussion, people prove my point.

Big groups = antisocial ? :joy:

1 Like

Not true, It takes them like what 2min or less to completely scout a planet because it is so small. Golden Globe is scattered with an alt faction which they will never admit to and that is NOK, a two man faction. Pretty much all the decent landing locations to set up a base are taken by NOK. But better hope once 8.0 hits and we get larger planets hopefully.

I made a decent fortress once on GG after I placed some bases and they got rolled. But they didn’t core them, and the next day is when that fortress was made. Since then, they actually spend time destroying my bases completely just so that wont happen again. And now they have bases that sit there on my old fortress location to deny me that spot lol.